Mobile Biochar Pyrolysis Unit Demonstration
As heard on ABC Country Hour, Euan Beamont, from Energy Farmers Australia, has developed a truck mounted mobile pyrolysis unit that is currently being used in Geraldton to process poultry farm bedding/manure.
Euan will demonstrate converting hardwood sawdust to biochar that will be used in amending the planting bed of avocados in an Innovations on Farms research project, funded by South West Catchments Council.
(Middlesex Rd off SW Highway ~ 6km south of Manjimup)
Friday 8th August 2014
10am - 3pm starting with Demonstration
Includes morning tea and lunch - $20 collected on the day
· Biochar and its agricultural applications
· Biochar pyrolysis processes and equipment (batch and continuous)
· Energy generation and grid connection
· Carbon credits and carbon sequestration methodology
· Dairy cattle/biochar/dung beetle project outline (State NRM Office)
· Avocado planting bed amendment and variable composting trial (SWCC)
· Energy Farmers Australia’s achievements and plans for farmers